Identification of causes and recognition of pathogenesis of puffiness under eyes is tightly linked to puffy eye treatment and maintenance management of the associated culprits. Puffy areas around the eyes, also known as under eye bags, may be explained by malfunction of lymphatic drainage system of under eyes area or leaky, ill functional superficial venous system under eyes as well as aging-related processes. Lymphatic system is responsible for removal of fat globules from intercellular space such as under eyes area. Lymphatic drainage of the eye is performed through lymphatic vessels superficial and deep to the orbicularis oculi. the superficial lymphatic network travels through lateral orbital and eventually reach preauricular nodes. Over time, aging-affected lymphatics fail to effectively remove fat droplets in interstitial space resulting in fat accumulation.
Another factor that deteriorates this scenario is an increase in capillary permeability of under eyes area, resulting in fluid retention. Hypersensitivities and atopy, allergic rhinitis and viral infections in particular can initiate an inflammation and contribute to leakage of capillaries, leading to puffy eyes. Different diseases and conditions can affect normal function of lymphatic system such as some kidney or heart diseases.
Many types of glumerulonephrities are associated with periorbital edema (puffy eyes) as their initial symptom. It is very common that stress and stress related conditions could result in puffy bags around the eyes and stress management may be integrated in puffy eye treatment. Allergies and various atopies such as allergic rhinitis are deteriorating to puffiness around the eyes as they enhance capillaries permeability and spur inflammatory reactions and corrective efforts should be directed to handle this condition in puffy eye treatment.
Distinctive specifications of eyelids and under eye area warrants skin care products tailored for this particular area of the body, more prone to early signs of aging. Multitude of fibroblasts and epidermal growth factors have been employed for their anti aging role in skin rejuvenation of periorbital region for their effect in increasing collagen type I and alpha 1 protein as well as their impact on maintenance of skin homeostasis and tissue repair. A recent study support use of epidermal growth factor, known for its cytoprotective and antiapoptotic characteristics and implicated in inflammation and wound healing, derived from a plant, in a serum vehicle for treatment of sagging skin in periorbital region. Another study compared epidermal growth factor in combination with hyaluronic acid with fibroblast growth factor serum.
Anti aging peptides, growth-factor based, in particular peptide treatment serums have been used as most effectual vehicles to date in periorbital puffy eye treatment armamentarium. These peptides work at the level of extracellular matrix within dermis layer to promote rebuilding collagen, elastin and fibronectin. Among them signal peptides, enzyme inhibitor peptides and carrier peptides could be named. Palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 examples signal peptides which primarily mediate their action through enhancing fibroblasts activity to stimulate proliferation of collagen type I, collagen type III as well as fibronectin, glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans.
Blocking metaloproteinase activity in the skin extracellular matrix which is associated with protracting collagen fibers lifespan is the mainstay of action of enzyme inhibitor peptides. In contrast, carrier peptides provision cofactors such as copper or manganese, which promote wound healing, skin regeneration and augmentation of extracellular matrix elements. Another group of molecules which are protective for keratinocytes by attenuation of oxidative stress are carotenoids such as lutein and zeathantin. Lutein has been shown to reduce cell apoptosis caused by UV irradiation and stimulate keratinocyte proliferation.
1. Drink plenty of water, eight glasses of water is recommended. Unsweetened cranberry juice diluted with water could be counted toward your daily water intake. Cranberry is an excellent juice in that it helps clarification of fat globules in the lymphatic system and may help attenuation of puffy bags under the eyes and in part by virtue of their richness in procyanidines and flavonols.
2. Sleep enough. Signs of stress appear in your eyes first. Eight hours of overnight sleep is essential to refresh your body and to lessen the amount of stress hormones such as cortisol in your body. Go to bed at the same time every night
3. Light exercise such as brisk walking or swimming could be of help to stimulate drainage of lymphatic system. Relaxation techniques such as yoga and Tichi are of great benefit ( yoga for tired eyes ). Exercise in general helps toning your muscles and strengthen blood and lymph circulation
4. Flaxseed oil and oils rich in GLA, gamma linolenic acid, such as borage and evening primrose oil not only stimulate fat burning rather than fat storage yet their anti inflammatory character contribute to puffy eye treatment. Fish oil is also of great value in this regard
5. Avoid flat pillows. If your pillow is too flat use more pillows to elevate your head. Here you can find more information regarding eye puffinesss.
6. Cool chamomile tea bags soaked in water for 15 minutes can somewhat alleviate puffy areas for the day
7. Balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help to stabilize your blood sugar level. Surges of insulin are associated with generation of free radicals, resulting in vascular damage. The healthier your cardiovascular system, the less likely development of puffy eyes.
This treatment serum is to brighten under eye area and eradicate dark circles. The skin’s rejuvenation of under eye area with substantial improvement in skin’s firmness and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is optimally achieved.
Bioengineered to address puffiness around the eyes while targeting aging process with attention to lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet around the eye area.
Anti aging eye treatment serum minimizes appearance of lines and wrinkles, firming and toning the under eye area. Protection against free radicals and nourishing the skin with micronutrients is part of preventive process of this eye serum. For more information please visit the corresponding page.